IFLA President Donna Scheeder Acceptance Speech...at the 81st IFLA Congress in Cape Town, South Africa.

IFLA President Donna Scheeder Acceptance Speech...at the 81st IFLA Congress in Cape Town, South Africa.


I am so honored to stand before you as the new President of IFLA. Looking out over the audience it brings to mind the first assembly that I attended at my first IFLA meeting. I looked at all of the officials on the stage and wondered how does this relate to me? Never in my wildest dreams did it occur to me at that meeting that I would be President someday. So look around, someone here for maybe the first time will someday be the IFLA president. Before I talk about the journey we will undertake together over the next two years, I want to recognize those who prepared me for this day. It takes a village to make a president.

http://www.ifla.org/node/9848

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY 2. OPERATIONAL FEASIBILITY 3. ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY

LIBRARY RESOURCES AND THEIR ROLE IN EDUCATION

LIBRARY RESOURCES AND THEIR ROLE IN EDUCATION